What can you do to Restore America’s Biblical Foundations? Do you know what America’s Biblical foundations are? Would you like to learn to research, reason, and relate beginning with God’s Word? Would you like to know how to apply the Bible and it’s life-saving wisdom to the problems our nation faces? Do you know the relationship between God’s Word and our Nation’s founding?
If you were intrigued by that series of questions and would like to know more, you will want to know about Restoring America’s Biblical Foundations, A Study for Individuals or Groups from Pilgrim Institute.
- an 11-part DVD Study
- appropriate for ages 13 and up
- ideal for small groups and Sunday School classes
- can be used by an individual learner
- dedicated Teacher’s Guide with guided answers to provoke reasoning and reflection (sample pages)
- taught from a Providential view of history
- beautifully designed Study Guide for students (sample pages)
- the 11-part DVD Study covers 4 main sessions- A Biblical View of Government, A Providential View of History, Principles of America’s Christian History and Government, and Hope for Our Nation
- all sessions taught by Master Teachers in the Principle Approach who share a love for our Nation and God’s Providential hand in the founding of it. Teachers are Mrs. Ruth Smith, Mrs. Jeanette Whittaker, and Mr. James Rose.
This is not a light-weight study. This is the meat of God’s Word! You will be challenged in your thinking and a little fire might just be lit in your heart to affect change in our nation, beginning with you!
What you might want to know:
- it is dependent upon the DVDs. The Guides are guides through the DVD sessions
- if you’re new to the concept of Providential history, you will want to have a Teacher’s Guide (the Teacher’s Guide has suggested and possible answers.)
- the study is based upon God’s Providence in the founding of America
From the foreword in the Study Guide, Ruth Smith offers, “James Madison recorded the following occurrence in his Notes of Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787 from Monday, September 17, 1787:
Whilst the last members were signing [the Constitution] Doctr. Franklin looked toward the Presidents Chair, at the back of which a rising sun happened to be painted, observed to a few members near him, that the Painters had found it difficult to distinguish in their art a rising from a setting sun. I have said he, often and often in the course of the Session, and the vicissitudes of my hopes and fears as to its issues, looked at that behind the president without being able to tell whether it was rising or setting: But now at length I have happiness to know that it is a rising and not a setting Sun.
As I considered the cover design of this volume and particularly the image of the rising sun, I asked myself the question: Is it a rising sun, or is it a setting sun? Even as Dr. Franklin had contemplated this thought during the Convention, American Christians must, today, ask ourselves whether we will allow this great nation to be in its sunset. Or, will we be used in the restoring of America’s Biblical foundations, so that the sun may continue to rise and our nation might reach its fullest potential?
The opportunity is ours, American Christian, and I trust you will join me in an effort to be part of the restoration of this land which has known the greatest liberty of any nation-understanding that there can be liberty in a nation only through Christ and Christianity.”
This is an excellent study, designed to challenge you and grow you in your knowledge of God’s hand in history!
Going through the study gave me a greater understanding of the cause and effect events that could not have “just happened” for our nation to be born. God has a plan for our nation, and I was grieved at how far our hearts have turned from his plan and his word.
Read what others are saying here.
The kit comes with the DVD’s, one Teacher Guide, and one Student Guide in a clam shell case.
Extra Study Guides can be purchased for just $17.95, and all orders over $100 ship free!
As a special for Ben and Me Blog readers, partner with Pilgrim Institute via their newsletter and receive the free video, The Price That Was Paid.
Pilgrim Institute Social Media Ministry connections:
Also from Pilgrim Institute: